Ozzy Osbourne ‘Prince of Darkness’ Haunted House Coming to Halloween Horror Nights
Universal Studios will debut a haunted attraction titled “Ozzy Osbourne: Prince of Darkness” as part of its Halloween Horror Nights events. The experience opens August 28 in Orlando, Florida, and September 3 in Hollywood, California.
The haunted house draws on imagery from all 13 of Ozzy Osbourne’s solo albums, including scenes inspired by Blizzard of Ozz, Diary of a Madman, Bark at the Moon, No More Tears and Ordinary Man.
- Orlando opening: August 28
- Hollywood opening: September 3
- Scenes inspired by all 13 Ozzy Osbourne solo albums
- Limited edition merchandise line, including clothing and collectibles, launching alongside the attraction
What Sharon and Jack Osbourne Said About the Halloween Horror Nights Tribute
Sharon and Jack Osbourne issued a joint statement about the project. “Ozzy never stopped pushing boundaries, and he loved anything that gave fans a new way to experience his music and the worlds he created,” they said. “Halloween Horror Nights has done an incredible job bringing that spirit to life. Walking through these haunted houses, you’ll recognize so many moments inspired by his music and imagination. It’s a wonderful tribute to Ozzy, and we hope fans have as much fun experiencing it as he would have had seeing it come together.”
Halloween Horror Nights Producer on Ozzy Osbourne’s Legacy
John Murdy, executive producer of Halloween Horror Nights, said Ozzy Osbourne “didn’t just help define heavy metal, he created a cultural phenomenon that has influenced generations of music, art and horror.” Murdy said Universal previously collaborated with Osbourne and called the new haunted house an opportunity to honor his solo career, adding that guests will “journey through the dark, surreal worlds that fueled his music” and that cemented his legacy as “the one and only Prince Of Darkness.”
Part of a Wider Series of Ozzy Osbourne Tribute Projects
The haunted house is one of several tribute projects teased by Sharon Osbourne following Ozzy’s death. The one-year anniversary of his passing was commemorated the week before the attraction was announced, with tributes posted by each of his former Black Sabbath bandmates. The announcement also follows news of a separate Ozzy Osbourne AI-driven digital avatar currently in development.
TOP STORIES
RELATED ARTISTS
Related Stories
Earth, Wind & Fire Drummer John Paris Remains in Induced Coma After Cardiac Emergency
Earth, Wind & Fire drummer John Paris remains in an induced coma following a critical medical emergency before an Aug. 6 show in San Francisco, with a GoFundMe now supporting his family.