Everything Music. Everything News. Everything live.

More Details Revealed About Upcoming Beatles Biopic

United Press International, photographer unknown, Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons
United Press International, photographer unknown, Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons

At Sony’s CinemaCon 2025 in Las Vegas, Director Sam Mendes took the stage with the confirmed cast of his upcoming Beatles biopic tetralogy, a moment marked as both exciting and significant. This highly anticipated cinematic project will feature Harris Dickinson as John Lennon, Paul Mescal as Paul McCartney, Barry Keoghan as Ringo Starr, and Joseph Quinn as George Harrison. The announcement entailed a unique approach to storytelling, with each film exploring the life and perspectives of one of the iconic band members. Mendes’ vision offers an unprecedented look at The Beatles’ narrative, combining the musical and cultural impact of the group with deeply personal stories. This ensemble of talented actors, each bringing their distinct backgrounds and experiences, promises to deliver an evocative portrayal of The Beatles, both as individuals and as a band that revolutionized the music world.

The announcement also detailed the release plan for these films, set to hit theaters simultaneously in April 2028. Mendes described the experience as a “bingeable theatrical event,” a novel concept for cinema, where audiences can engage with all four stories in a cohesive and comprehensive way. This ambitious release strategy highlights Mendes’ innovative vision for the project, aiming to dominate that month’s cultural scene. Sony Pictures, alongside Neal Street Productions and Apple Corps, is producing these films, emphasizing their collective effort to celebrate the legacy of The Beatles while delivering an engaging and high-quality cinematic experience.

In addition to the cast and release details, Mendes spoke about the depth and scope of the project. The films are positioned to explore aspects of The Beatles’ lives and careers that have yet to be documented extensively, promising fresh perspectives even for well-versed fans of the band. With each story unfolding from one band member’s viewpoint, Mendes aims to deepen the audience’s understanding of the personal and professional dynamics that shaped The Beatles’ history and legacy. His remarks underscore the meticulous thought behind the storytelling approach, ensuring that the films will not only entertain but provide a comprehensive narrative.

 

Key Takeaways

Related Stories

Foo Fighters to Open for AC/DC in St. Louis, Stepping In for The Pretty Reckless

Foo Fighters announced they will step away from their Take Cover stadium tour for one night to open AC/DC’s September 8 show in St. Louis, taking over the slot previously held by The Pretty Reckless.

Vivian Campbell Says His Cancer Has Returned After Donor Transplant Failed

Def Leppard guitarist Vivian Campbell says his Hodgkin’s lymphoma has returned after a donor stem cell transplant he received in January 2025 failed to hold, and he is now continuing treatment while staying active with the band, Last In Line and rally driving.

Neil Peart Documentary ‘No One’s Disciple’ Set for TIFF World Premiere

A new documentary on late Rush drummer Neil Peart, ‘No One’s Disciple,’ is set to debut at the Toronto International Film Festival on September 16, 2026, ahead of a CBC broadcast later that month.

Alex Lifeson Says Quitting Marijuana at 72 Sharpened His Focus Before Rush’s Fifty Something Tour

Rush guitarist Alex Lifeson has told Rolling Stone that he gave up marijuana at age 72, roughly four months before the band’s Fifty Something tour kicked off in June, saying the decision sharpened his memory and focus.

Beatles Biopic Cast Recreates Abbey Road Album Cover on Famous Crosswalk

Fan footage shows the stars of Sam Mendes’ upcoming Beatles biopics walking the famous Abbey Road crosswalk in costume, mirroring the band’s 1969 album cover.

Jonathan Cain Teases Possible Journey Reunion at Band’s Final Frontier Tour Finale in San Francisco

Journey keyboardist Jonathan Cain says he’s hopeful for “a reunion of sorts” when the band’s Final Frontier tour closes out in San Francisco on November 28, 2026, even though Steve Perry has denied rumors he might rejoin the group.

Neil Young and the Chrome Hearts to Join Willie Nelson & Family for Two Shows Ahead of Farm Aid 2026

Neil Young and the Chrome Hearts have confirmed two co-headlining performances with Willie Nelson & Family in September, setting up a run into Farm Aid 2026.

Evan Stanley and Nick Simmons Defend the Name Behind Their Band Stanley Simmons

Evan Stanley and Nick Simmons, sons of KISS members Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons, addressed criticism of their band name Stanley Simmons during an appearance on SoundExchange’s “Sound Advice” series.

Dee Snider Apologizes to Kelly Osbourne Over Comments About Ozzy’s Songwriting

Dee Snider publicly apologized to Kelly Osbourne on August 18, 2026, after his social media comments questioning her late father Ozzy Osbourne’s songwriting credits drew a sharp rebuke.