Everything Music. Everything News. Everything live.

Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs’ Mother Sued by Bad Boy Label Co-Founder

Vahan Stepanyan / Shutterstock.com
Vahan Stepanyan / Shutterstock.com

Kirk Burrowes, former co-founder and president of Bad Boy Entertainment, has brought new allegations against Sean “Diddy” Combs and his mother, Janice Combs. According to Burrowes, Diddy allegedly seized control of his stake in the record label under duress, which left him homeless and financially destitute. The lawsuit claims that in a 1996 confrontation, Diddy intimidated Burrowes into signing over his 25% shareholder certificate to Diddy’s mother, Janice. This act, Burrowes alleges, was not merely an isolated decision but part of a broader scheme orchestrated by Janice to gain full control of the label, utilizing tactics of intimidation and violence alongside financial deception.

The detailed accounts in the lawsuit paint a harrowing picture of the alleged incident. It states that Diddy, along with Kenneth Meiselas, the Bad Boy Entertainment attorney, entered Burrowes’ New York City office wielding a baseball bat. The lawsuit describes the encounter as a violent and coercive one, which led Burrowes to fear for his life, resulting in his involuntary compliance. Despite not being physically present during this alleged confrontation, Janice Combs is accused of being complicit by masterminding the entire plan.

Further details in the legal filings recount the aftermath of this incident, as Burrowes claims he was systematically blacklisted from the music industry. This alleged blacklisting supposedly destroyed his professional reputation and blocked potential business opportunities that could have saved him from financial ruin. Beyond seeking damages for financial losses and the reinstatement of his ownership interest, Burrowes is demanding a forensic audit of Bad Boy Entertainment’s financial records since its inception—an audit that he believes will reveal the extent of his rightful earnings that were withheld.

Burrowes alleges that his dedication and contributions to the label were immense, including investing $100,000 at the company’s launch. Despite his efforts, the lawsuit claims Diddy and Janice Combs failed to honor their financial commitments to him, ensuring that he remained in financial hardship. In a particularly personal account, Burrowes underscores his long-standing familial ties to Diddy, noting he is godfather to Diddy’s first child, Justin.

This latest lawsuit arises amidst other legal troubles for Diddy, who is currently detained at Brooklyn’s Metropolitan Detention Center on separate charges, including racketeering and sex trafficking. The timing of the lawsuit adds further drama to the ongoing controversies surrounding Diddy and his business dealings. Legal experts suggest that this case could significantly affect the reputation and future of Bad Boy Entertainment, amid calls for transparency and accountability.

The revelations have sparked intense media scrutiny, with public sentiment divided. While some critics view the case with skepticism given its timing, others see it as a long overdue reckoning for alleged misconduct within the music industry. Despite the mounting accusations, Diddy’s representatives have thus far not provided any public comment on these specific allegations.

 

Key Takeaways

Related Stories

Foo Fighters to Open for AC/DC in St. Louis, Stepping In for The Pretty Reckless

Foo Fighters announced they will step away from their Take Cover stadium tour for one night to open AC/DC’s September 8 show in St. Louis, taking over the slot previously held by The Pretty Reckless.

Vivian Campbell Says His Cancer Has Returned After Donor Transplant Failed

Def Leppard guitarist Vivian Campbell says his Hodgkin’s lymphoma has returned after a donor stem cell transplant he received in January 2025 failed to hold, and he is now continuing treatment while staying active with the band, Last In Line and rally driving.

Neil Peart Documentary ‘No One’s Disciple’ Set for TIFF World Premiere

A new documentary on late Rush drummer Neil Peart, ‘No One’s Disciple,’ is set to debut at the Toronto International Film Festival on September 16, 2026, ahead of a CBC broadcast later that month.

Alex Lifeson Says Quitting Marijuana at 72 Sharpened His Focus Before Rush’s Fifty Something Tour

Rush guitarist Alex Lifeson has told Rolling Stone that he gave up marijuana at age 72, roughly four months before the band’s Fifty Something tour kicked off in June, saying the decision sharpened his memory and focus.

Beatles Biopic Cast Recreates Abbey Road Album Cover on Famous Crosswalk

Fan footage shows the stars of Sam Mendes’ upcoming Beatles biopics walking the famous Abbey Road crosswalk in costume, mirroring the band’s 1969 album cover.

Jonathan Cain Teases Possible Journey Reunion at Band’s Final Frontier Tour Finale in San Francisco

Journey keyboardist Jonathan Cain says he’s hopeful for “a reunion of sorts” when the band’s Final Frontier tour closes out in San Francisco on November 28, 2026, even though Steve Perry has denied rumors he might rejoin the group.

Neil Young and the Chrome Hearts to Join Willie Nelson & Family for Two Shows Ahead of Farm Aid 2026

Neil Young and the Chrome Hearts have confirmed two co-headlining performances with Willie Nelson & Family in September, setting up a run into Farm Aid 2026.

Evan Stanley and Nick Simmons Defend the Name Behind Their Band Stanley Simmons

Evan Stanley and Nick Simmons, sons of KISS members Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons, addressed criticism of their band name Stanley Simmons during an appearance on SoundExchange’s “Sound Advice” series.

Dee Snider Apologizes to Kelly Osbourne Over Comments About Ozzy’s Songwriting

Dee Snider publicly apologized to Kelly Osbourne on August 18, 2026, after his social media comments questioning her late father Ozzy Osbourne’s songwriting credits drew a sharp rebuke.