Everything Music. Everything News. Everything live.

Rod Stewart Continuing on with Music, Despite Retiring from “World Tours”

Geoffrey Clowes / Shutterstock.com
Geoffrey Clowes / Shutterstock.com

Rod Stewart, the legendary rock musician, has recently announced a significant change in his touring routine, stating that his days of embarking on large-scale world tours are over. Despite this announcement, Stewart, who remains vibrant and energetic at 79, emphasized that retirement is not on his agenda. The octogenarian musician has expressed his intent to shift to more intimate performances, with plans for a tour focused on the Great American Songbook and Swing Fever, aiming for smaller venues that promise a more personal experience for his audiences.

The announcement comes at a time when Stewart is busily preparing for his “One Last Time” tour, which is set to cover parts of the United States and Canada, beginning in March 2025. The tour will also feature performances in Las Vegas, where Stewart has maintained a long-standing residency. This decision to scale down from massive global tours will mark another evolutionary step in his illustrious career, which has spanned several decades and encompassed various musical styles. Stewart had previously hinted at his longing for a change, stating his desire to take a break from the rock and roll lifestyle to pursue different musical endeavors.

Fans of Stewart have reacted with a mixture of sadness and support. Many have taken to social media to express their admiration and gratitude for his contribution to music and to encourage him in this new endeavor. The affection and respect poured out by his fanbase highlights Stewart’s significant impact on the music world and the strong connection he maintains with his audience.  Known for hits like “Forever Young,” Rod Stewart has been candid about his plans, mentioning that while large tours are off the agenda, sporadic performances will still occur, keeping his iconic songs alive for both nostalgic fans and new listeners.

 

Key Takeaways

Related Stories

Alex Lifeson Says Quitting Marijuana at 72 Sharpened His Focus Before Rush’s Fifty Something Tour

Rush guitarist Alex Lifeson has told Rolling Stone that he gave up marijuana at age 72, roughly four months before the band’s Fifty Something tour kicked off in June, saying the decision sharpened his memory and focus.

Beatles Biopic Cast Recreates Abbey Road Album Cover on Famous Crosswalk

Fan footage shows the stars of Sam Mendes’ upcoming Beatles biopics walking the famous Abbey Road crosswalk in costume, mirroring the band’s 1969 album cover.

Jonathan Cain Teases Possible Journey Reunion at Band’s Final Frontier Tour Finale in San Francisco

Journey keyboardist Jonathan Cain says he’s hopeful for “a reunion of sorts” when the band’s Final Frontier tour closes out in San Francisco on November 28, 2026, even though Steve Perry has denied rumors he might rejoin the group.

Neil Young and the Chrome Hearts to Join Willie Nelson & Family for Two Shows Ahead of Farm Aid 2026

Neil Young and the Chrome Hearts have confirmed two co-headlining performances with Willie Nelson & Family in September, setting up a run into Farm Aid 2026.

Evan Stanley and Nick Simmons Defend the Name Behind Their Band Stanley Simmons

Evan Stanley and Nick Simmons, sons of KISS members Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons, addressed criticism of their band name Stanley Simmons during an appearance on SoundExchange’s “Sound Advice” series.

Dee Snider Apologizes to Kelly Osbourne Over Comments About Ozzy’s Songwriting

Dee Snider publicly apologized to Kelly Osbourne on August 18, 2026, after his social media comments questioning her late father Ozzy Osbourne’s songwriting credits drew a sharp rebuke.

Bryan Adams Extends ‘Roll With the Punches’ Tour Into 2027, Teases New Album and Political Single

Bryan Adams has extended his ‘Roll With the Punches’ world tour with more than 70 shows now booked through June 2027, while teasing a new album this fall and a politically pointed new single.

The Beatles’ Apple Corps and Universal Music Sign Global Merchandise, Licensing and E-Commerce Deal

Apple Corps and Universal Music Group have announced an exclusive, long-term global partnership covering The Beatles’ merchandise, licensing and e-commerce business, arriving ahead of a planned 2027 fan experience and the 2028 biopic films.

ZZ Top Drummer Frank Beard Dies at 77; Band to Resume Tour This Weekend in Austin

Frank Beard, ZZ Top’s drummer for 56 years, has died at 77 in hospice care at his Texas ranch. Billy Gibbons says the band will honor his wishes and continue “The Big One!” tour starting this weekend in Austin.