Everything Music. Everything News. Everything live.

Sammy Hagar Announces Las Vegas Residency Amid Alleged Tequila Heist

Andrzej, CC0, via Wikimedia Commons
Andrzej, CC0, via Wikimedia Commons

In a whirlwind of events, the headlines were recently dominated by reports of a large-scale heist involving the Santo Tequila brand, which is co-owned by rock legend Sammy Hagar and TV personality Guy Fieri. Initially, it was declared that over 4,000 cases of tequila, valued at over $1 million, had disappeared in a highly organized theft in Laredo, Texas. This incident was reportedly executed with precision, leading to substantial coverage by various media outlets such as People, USA Today, and the San Francisco Chronicle. However, the situation took a turn when the Laredo police clarified that while the trucks had indeed gone off course, there had been no actual hijacking involved.

Reports from different news agencies suggested discrepancies in the details surrounding the incident. Initial claims suggested that the theft was a significant blow to Santo Spirits, affecting about 12% of the company’s annual sales. It was believed that thieves used GPS spoofing technology to mislead tracking systems and reroute the trucks to an undisclosed location. But as more information came to light, Laredo police elaborated that the disappearance of the trucks stemmed from logistical errors rather than criminal intent. The tequila was believed to have found its way to California, where further investigation was underway involving the Los Angeles Police Department.

This debacle coincided with Hagar’s announcement of a new Las Vegas residency at Dolby Live at Park MGM, planned for April and May 2025. The residency titled “Best Of Both Worlds” promises fans a curated experience of his extensive musical catalog, including tracks from Van Halen, Montrose, and Chickenfoot. In a press release, Hagar expressed enthusiasm about the possibilities this residency holds, particularly the opportunity to experiment with different setlists, promising a series of surprises for the audiences attending his shows.

Meanwhile, the aftermath of the so-called heist continues to unfold, as authorities and the parties involved work towards resolving the financial and operational challenges it imposed on Santo Spirits. Fieri and Hagar remain optimistic, focusing on replenishing the stolen stock and maintaining the growth trajectory of their tequila brand. For now, both Hagar and Fieri maintain a forward-looking stance, both in terms of their tequila aspirations and their individual professional endeavors.

Key Takeaways

Related Stories

Foo Fighters to Open for AC/DC in St. Louis, Stepping In for The Pretty Reckless

Foo Fighters announced they will step away from their Take Cover stadium tour for one night to open AC/DC’s September 8 show in St. Louis, taking over the slot previously held by The Pretty Reckless.

Vivian Campbell Says His Cancer Has Returned After Donor Transplant Failed

Def Leppard guitarist Vivian Campbell says his Hodgkin’s lymphoma has returned after a donor stem cell transplant he received in January 2025 failed to hold, and he is now continuing treatment while staying active with the band, Last In Line and rally driving.

Neil Peart Documentary ‘No One’s Disciple’ Set for TIFF World Premiere

A new documentary on late Rush drummer Neil Peart, ‘No One’s Disciple,’ is set to debut at the Toronto International Film Festival on September 16, 2026, ahead of a CBC broadcast later that month.

Alex Lifeson Says Quitting Marijuana at 72 Sharpened His Focus Before Rush’s Fifty Something Tour

Rush guitarist Alex Lifeson has told Rolling Stone that he gave up marijuana at age 72, roughly four months before the band’s Fifty Something tour kicked off in June, saying the decision sharpened his memory and focus.

Beatles Biopic Cast Recreates Abbey Road Album Cover on Famous Crosswalk

Fan footage shows the stars of Sam Mendes’ upcoming Beatles biopics walking the famous Abbey Road crosswalk in costume, mirroring the band’s 1969 album cover.

Jonathan Cain Teases Possible Journey Reunion at Band’s Final Frontier Tour Finale in San Francisco

Journey keyboardist Jonathan Cain says he’s hopeful for “a reunion of sorts” when the band’s Final Frontier tour closes out in San Francisco on November 28, 2026, even though Steve Perry has denied rumors he might rejoin the group.

Neil Young and the Chrome Hearts to Join Willie Nelson & Family for Two Shows Ahead of Farm Aid 2026

Neil Young and the Chrome Hearts have confirmed two co-headlining performances with Willie Nelson & Family in September, setting up a run into Farm Aid 2026.

Evan Stanley and Nick Simmons Defend the Name Behind Their Band Stanley Simmons

Evan Stanley and Nick Simmons, sons of KISS members Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons, addressed criticism of their band name Stanley Simmons during an appearance on SoundExchange’s “Sound Advice” series.

Dee Snider Apologizes to Kelly Osbourne Over Comments About Ozzy’s Songwriting

Dee Snider publicly apologized to Kelly Osbourne on August 18, 2026, after his social media comments questioning her late father Ozzy Osbourne’s songwriting credits drew a sharp rebuke.