Everything Music. Everything News. Everything live.

Carlos Santana Collapses During Soundcheck

Carlos Santana performs during The Oneness Tour 2024 at Hard Rock Live held at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, Hollywood, Florida, USA - 14 Jun 2024 Carlos Santana in cvoncert during The Oneness Tour 2024 at Hard Rock Live held at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, Hollywood, Florida, USA - 14 Jun 2024
Photo by Larry Marano/Shutterstock (14541803f)

Renowned guitarist Carlos Santana recently experienced a medical emergency during a soundcheck at the Majestic Theatre in San Antonio, Texas on Tuesday, Apr 22nd which led to the postponement of his scheduled concert. The 77-year-old musician had been performing routine preparations for his show when he collapsed due to dehydration. This incident prompted his manager, Michael Vrionis, to announce that Santana was taken to a nearby hospital for observation as a precautionary measure. Thankfully, the medical event was reported as non-life-threatening, and Santana is now recovering well, expressing his intent to reschedule the concert soon.

This recent health scare is not the first for Santana, who has faced several health issues over the past few years. Noteworthy incidents include a heart procedure in 2021 and a collapse in 2022 during a Michigan concert attributed to heat exhaustion and dehydration. Earlier in 2025, he had to postpone his Las Vegas residency after suffering a fall that resulted in a broken finger and the need for pins to be inserted. Despite these setbacks, Santana remains committed to returning to his tour schedule, which includes over 50 shows for the year.

Santana’s illustrious career, marked by his innovative guitar work and memorable performances, has earned him a place in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. His remarkable ascent to fame began with his band’s standout performance at Woodstock in 1969. Over the decades, he has delivered a string of hits including “Evil Ways,” “Smooth,” “Soul Sacrifice,” “Black Magic Woman,” and “Put Your Lights On.” In addition to live performances, Santana recently released “Sentient,” a compilation album showcasing collaborations with iconic artists such as Michael Jackson and Miles Davis.

Santana’s manager, Vrionis, assured fans that all tickets would remain valid for the rescheduled concert, demonstrating a commitment to restoring the disrupted performance schedule. Meanwhile, social media footage captured Santana acknowledging fans as he was transported on a gurney, underscoring his enduring connection with audiences worldwide. As Santana prepares to return to the stage, his team monitors his health closely, eager to ensure that this setback does not derail his ongoing tour. Fans around the world continue to express their concern and support for the legendary guitarist, hoping for his swift recovery and return to music.

Key Takeaways

Related Stories

Foo Fighters to Open for AC/DC in St. Louis, Stepping In for The Pretty Reckless

Foo Fighters announced they will step away from their Take Cover stadium tour for one night to open AC/DC’s September 8 show in St. Louis, taking over the slot previously held by The Pretty Reckless.

Vivian Campbell Says His Cancer Has Returned After Donor Transplant Failed

Def Leppard guitarist Vivian Campbell says his Hodgkin’s lymphoma has returned after a donor stem cell transplant he received in January 2025 failed to hold, and he is now continuing treatment while staying active with the band, Last In Line and rally driving.

Neil Peart Documentary ‘No One’s Disciple’ Set for TIFF World Premiere

A new documentary on late Rush drummer Neil Peart, ‘No One’s Disciple,’ is set to debut at the Toronto International Film Festival on September 16, 2026, ahead of a CBC broadcast later that month.

Alex Lifeson Says Quitting Marijuana at 72 Sharpened His Focus Before Rush’s Fifty Something Tour

Rush guitarist Alex Lifeson has told Rolling Stone that he gave up marijuana at age 72, roughly four months before the band’s Fifty Something tour kicked off in June, saying the decision sharpened his memory and focus.

Beatles Biopic Cast Recreates Abbey Road Album Cover on Famous Crosswalk

Fan footage shows the stars of Sam Mendes’ upcoming Beatles biopics walking the famous Abbey Road crosswalk in costume, mirroring the band’s 1969 album cover.

Jonathan Cain Teases Possible Journey Reunion at Band’s Final Frontier Tour Finale in San Francisco

Journey keyboardist Jonathan Cain says he’s hopeful for “a reunion of sorts” when the band’s Final Frontier tour closes out in San Francisco on November 28, 2026, even though Steve Perry has denied rumors he might rejoin the group.

Neil Young and the Chrome Hearts to Join Willie Nelson & Family for Two Shows Ahead of Farm Aid 2026

Neil Young and the Chrome Hearts have confirmed two co-headlining performances with Willie Nelson & Family in September, setting up a run into Farm Aid 2026.

Evan Stanley and Nick Simmons Defend the Name Behind Their Band Stanley Simmons

Evan Stanley and Nick Simmons, sons of KISS members Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons, addressed criticism of their band name Stanley Simmons during an appearance on SoundExchange’s “Sound Advice” series.

Dee Snider Apologizes to Kelly Osbourne Over Comments About Ozzy’s Songwriting

Dee Snider publicly apologized to Kelly Osbourne on August 18, 2026, after his social media comments questioning her late father Ozzy Osbourne’s songwriting credits drew a sharp rebuke.